Sunday, February 21, 2010

Growing Pains...


Don't you just love these Burberry Ads?!!!!!!



I am new to this whole blogging thing.... so I have decided to use this as somewhat of a diary of sorts.
Today I packed up all of my inventory and moved it out of my house and to my store. Being a mom and owning a business has taught me:

#1 That My family is #1.
#2 It does not work well when you mix business with home.

If you own your own business you are nodding your heads right now in agreement. Trying to balance both parts of my life is what led me to sell on etsy. To grow my business both at my boutique and online I realize once you reach a certain amount of success you must make some hard decisions. Inventory management of my boutique is what brought me to etsy. I thought it would be a good way to get rid of excess inventory...what I have found is that I love the idea of creating an online store (much like my brick and mortar store) with it's own identity and feeling, rather than just sell what I am trying to get rid of.


So I went out and bought a brand new camera and have set out on a journey I never intended on taking. In the next few weeks I will be trying different ways of shooting items on mannequins as well as models and grouping items in different ways. Such as getting ready for Spring with long, 70's, bohemian maxi dresses and bright, 80's, colors and prints, which are two of my favorite fashion styles. I will be testing out different ways of catagorizing my items---

By the decade: mod 60's-bohemian 70's -retro 80's
By the item: dresses- skirts- tops

I am also thinking I might suggest pairing one of my dresses with a necklace, hat or accessory from someone elses store.

And who knows if any of this will get done in the next couple of weeks since I have to do taxes, sew costumes for my daughter's upcoming play Prince and the Pauper, go on a buying trip oh yeahh ....and did I mention be a mom and a wife?

Oh well thanks for listening I'm sure it will all get done eventually.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails