Monday, January 10, 2011

The Best of 2010...

aureliaLT








When I decided to make this post I had no idea how many memories I would have as I looked back on all of our sales for the year 2010. Here it goes...
**MY FAVORITE ITEM IN 2010 NOT IN OUR SHOP (but wish they were) AWARD goes to these Gorgeous Black Handmade Felted Mittens from aureliaLT,because I wish I had thought of making them...warm, vintage looking and raw egdes...absolutely to die for.
**MY FAVORITE BAG IN 2010 AWARD goes to this unique bohemian leather tooled number, because I will probably never find another one like it and probably should have kept it.
**MY FAVORITE DRESS IN 2010 AWARD goes to this bohemian (there's that word again) sundress,
words can not explain my joy when I found it.
**MY FAVORITE BAG 2010 AWARD ... oh yeah...I already chose one, but this one is a tight second to the previous one because of the size and practicality of it...that's right practicality.
**MY FAVORITE SHIRT (by far) 2010 AWARD goes to this beautiful pink, cotton, embroidered top from India. They don't make them like this anymore. I also love the model wearing it.
**MY FAVORITE CROCHETED WHITE DRESS 2010 AWARD ... oh yeah...I mean the only white crocheted dress in 2010, because I will never find one like this ever again...so beautiful. My only consolation is I know it went to a good home.
**MY FAVORITE SWEATER 2010 AWARD goes to this absolutely incredible wool cardigan with the cutest intarsia village knitted into it. Right out of a fairy tale.
**MY FAVORITE COAT 2010 AWARD goes to this stunning 70s camel wool, trench coat. At the time it was my most expensive sale yet, check out the pockets...LOVE LOVE!
**MY FAVORITE SHOES 2010 AWARD goes to these unbelievable ankle boots. If they had been my size I would have certainly called them my own...alas my feet were too big, but Sarah was the lucky buyer and kindly sent me a picture to thank me.

As I was going through all these sales I not only remembered selling them I also remembered when I found almost every one. I counted selling 150 pairs of shoes and 30 bags and 220 pieces of clothing. I learned more than I can say about taking pictures, pricing items and organizing a warehouse full of clothes which will make the year 2011 even better. I got a smart phone, learned how to text, started a blog and found out I enjoy twittering. Goodbye to old friends and hello to new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails