Thursday, April 8, 2010

What Do I Look for When Buying Vintage...


I have finally gotten a chance to sit down and answer the question I get asked all the time... What do you look for when your buying vintage? Well for me that question changes with the seasons, what is trending now and what catches my eye at a particular moment. Lately I would categorize my finds as Romantic Bohemian with a little touch of France thrown in. I have also been on the look out for a few specific things lately:

#1 Striped Navy and White Tops (must be the French in me)
#2 Wooden Platform Sandals from the 70s ( the higher the better)
#3 Leather or Straw Bags (Bucket Bags - large-large-large)
#4 Anything with Lace (especially dresses and pastel shades)

I love, love the 70s bohemian style of just about anything and find myself constantly buying pieces even if they are a little distressed. Sometimes distressed items feel more authentic to me (ie. leather, suede). Leather, linen and natural fibers and muted pastel colors attract me every single time. Next week I will be doing a photo shoot with my most favorite Spring 70s dresses.


1 comment:

  1. oh gosh, just when I'm trying to behave myself and save $ you have so many amazing things! I'm drooling a bit over the turquoise trench. If it had a hood I would totally be on it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails