Friday, February 4, 2011

Inspiration...Ralph Lauren










The other  day while looking through instyle magazine, I came across Camilla Belle wearing The Ralph Lauren beaded skirt above and ...I completely fell in love. I rushed to find his Spring 2011 Collection and picked out a few of my favorites. While doing this I started to realize how many pieces in our shop looked very much like they could be in a Ralph Lauren collection. I picked out a few to put in this post and started to realize why I was drawn to buy these items in the first place and how you can take clothing and style it to look like designer pieces.
Since 1967 (just a coincidence, that also was the year I was born) Ralph Lauren has created the classic American style with Western and equestrian influence using distressed denim, leather and suede combined with classic white cotton.
My favorite piece has to be the skirt above for it's length , color and stand out details, but if I were to buy something from this collection it would no doubt be the crossbody leather and woven wool Southwestern bag for it's wearability and rugged style.
Other names that have driven iconic American style and have influenced the way I buy clothes are Levi's, LL Bean, Madewell, JG Hook, J Crew, and Land's End, stay tuned for more posts about them in the future. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails